The Section of Developmental Pediatrics evaluates and treats children experiencing cognitive and/or motor difficulties. The population served includes children with suspected or diagnosed developmental problems such as spina bifida, cerebral palsy, intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, learning disabilities and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
The Section provides medical assessment and treatment services that include:
- Diagnosis of children with autism spectrum disorders
- Assessments for learning problems in pre-school children
- Developmental evaluations of premature infants
- Assessment of children with cerebral palsy
- Ongoing monitoring of children with spina bifida
- Ongoing management of children with ADHD